IOD or call it Intimation of Disapproval, or as people also say, Letter of Approval, is the approval from the Municipal corporation to sanction the building plan subject to conditions mentioned therein. There are a number of No objection certificates to be obtained, which the applicant collects separately from different departments. Commencement certificate is only given after the builder has received all the No Objection Certificates from BMC. This is a whole approval cycle which requires all the elements to be fulfilled to move forward. A scrutiny fee of Rs. 33 per square and development fee of Rs. 350 per square meter for residential; Rs. 66 per square meter and Rs. 700 per square meter for the commercial one. This IOD is applicable for a year’s term and can be updated yearly.
To apply for commencement certificate there are 40 IOD conditions under section 346 of Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act to get an NOC from.
First and foremost you need to submit the structural plan to the BMC’s structural engineer, to begin with.
Now, here are the top NOCs you would need out of the 40 there are:
1. Non-Agricultural Permission (NOC)
2. Tree Authority (NOC)
3. Storm water and Drain Department (NOC)
4. Sewage Department (NOC)
5. Electrical Department (NOC)
6. NOC from Traffic and Coordination Department
7. From Chief Fire Officer, NOC
8. From Ministry of Environment, environment clearance
9. From Archaeological Survey of India, ancient monument approval
10. From Pollution Control Board you need consent to establish and operate
11. Airport Authority of India (NOC)
There are different charges for each one, and it takes varying time period for the whole procedure of each NOC. Feel free to contact us for any further information on the matter.